A retrospective valuation will be provided if the user selects a Valuation As At Month that is prior to the current month. From November 2022, Values Analyzer is able to provide a retrospective valuation up to 11 months in the past. This feature is intended to be used in situations where the user intended to run the valuation on a required date, but was unable to do so, e.g. for bookkeeping purposes.
The retrospective valuation will be as-at the last calendar day of the selected Valuation As At Month, which we expect will be the date most useful for book-keeping purposes. If a retrospective Market Value or Market Lease Rate as at a different day of the month is required, please contact the Ascend by Cirium valuation team for a bespoke valuation.
The format of a retrospective valuation report is slightly different from a current valuation:
• The Date Created shown in the report will be the current date and the Valuation As At Date indicated will be the retrospective valuation as at date.
• The Valuation Assumptions section will include the following text: “The user selected valuation as at month is in the past. All provided current and future values are retrospective to the indicated valuation as at date, and do not reflect any changes in our value opinions after the indicated valuation as at date.”
• The “Current Values” table heading changes to “Retrospective Current Values” and indicates the retrospective Valuation As At month and year. The values shown in this table will reflect our value opinions as they were on the indicated Valuation As At date.
• The “Future Values” table heading changes to “Retrospective Future Values”. The first row in the table will be for the retrospective month and year, and each subsequent row will be 12 months later. The Future Values shown in this table will reflect our Future Value opinions as they were on the indicated Valuation As At date.
• All aircraft details included in the valuation output will be current, including registration number, specifications, owner/operator/manager, aircraft event history, aircraft utilisation, and other technical details.
• The retrospective valuation will assume that all aircraft details are as currently recorded in the Cirium databases; the valuation will NOT reflect the aircraft details that were current in the Cirium databases on the retrospective date. For example, when valuing an aircraft that was recently converted to freighter or upgraded with winglets, the retrospective valuation will assume that the aircraft is in its current (converted or upgraded) configuration, even if the Valuation As At Date is before the conversion or upgrade occurred. If you require a retrospective valuation that assumes a configuration that is in any way different from the configuration currently recorded in the Cirium database, please use the Generic Valuation function or contact Ascend by Cirium for a desktop valuation.
• The earliest retrospective valuation date available for a recently-built aircraft is its build month and year (i.e. retrospective valuation on delivery). It is not possible to select a retrospective valuation month that is prior to the build month of the aircraft.
Retrospective valuations beyond 11 months in the past can be provided by the Ascend by Cirium valuation team on request.