Often, a lessee will operate at a lower MTOW to reduce navigation and landing charges, and/or at a lower thrust to reduce engine maintenance costs. In rarer cases, we have heard that a lessee can “rent” a temporary increase in MTOW or engine thrust from the manufacturers, which is not transferable back to the lessor.
Articles in this section
- Following the Fleet recovery
- How are we handling commercial aircraft usage changes as a result of Covid-19
- How Storage and In Service Status changes are being determined during the Covid-19 crisis
- Viewing recently stored aircraft in Fleets Analyzer
- What is Aircraft Hours?
- What is the definition of an accident in Fleets Analyzer?
- Understanding business aviation orders data
- What does a "2500" Delivery Date / Build Year signify?
- How do I find a company (operators, etc.) associated with specific aircraft?
- What is the FG ID (FGID)?