Airlines can schedule multiple flights with the same flight number on the same day (sometimes on the same route and sometimes on different flight segments). This varies by carrier. Something less common but what is confusing and does occur is two flights with the same flight number on the same route in the air at the same time. This is most common with flights in Asia and for some smaller North American regional carriers.
Articles in this section
- Can I be informed when the certificate on your site expires?
- How do I acquire unique identification for traffic from Cirium using the FlightStats Alerts API?
- How do you represent terminal and gate information?
- How do I access the Data Drop UI?
- How do you calculate delay?
- What is the Aircraft API?
- Is it safe to use my API credentials to authenticate my requests?
- How should I determine a delay status?
- What are Multi-Segment Alerts?
- What is a Cirium API and when would I use one?