Airlines can schedule multiple flights with the same flight number on the same day (sometimes on the same route and sometimes on different flight segments). This varies by carrier. Something less common but what is confusing and does occur is two flights with the same flight number on the same route in the air at the same time. This is most common with flights in Asia and for some smaller North American regional carriers.
Articles in this section
- What are the different Connections API payloadTypes?
- How do I hide duplicate flights in the FIDS API response?
- Issues when using the "includeNewFields" extended option
- How do I retrieve a full day's worth of flight status for an airport?
- What is the default time window for the FIDS API?
- Can I be informed when the certificate on your site expires?
- How do I acquire unique identification for traffic from Cirium using the FlightStats Alerts API?
- What is your Merchant Category Code (MCC)
- How do you represent terminal and gate information?
- How should I determine a delay status?