Airlines can schedule multiple flights with the same flight number on the same day (sometimes on the same route and sometimes on different flight segments). This varies by carrier. Something less common but what is confusing and does occur is two flights with the same flight number on the same route in the air at the same time. This is most common with flights in Asia and for some smaller North American regional carriers.
Articles in this section
- What is a Cirium API and when would I use one?
- What is the Flight Features API?
- Should I use the FIDS API or Flight Status by Airport API?
- Why am I matching multiple flights with the same flight number on the same day?
- Do you have a testing environment?
- Does your system retry after an alert delivery failure?
- How do I add authentication to my Alerts API callbacks?
- What is the alertType in a simulated alert?
- How do I use the Cirium Flex APIs?
- How do I register to use the APIs?