Our inflation rate views are at the macro level. i.e. we wouldn’t apply different rates to different aircraft. We produce all our future forecasts at a 0% constant rate of inflation and we currently take 2% as our baseline inflation rate assumption to apply to all assets but that sits alongside our 0%. We do limit the range of inflation rates that users can pick for our appraisals to between 0 and 3%, as outside 3% the assumptions we use to create our 0% future values wouldn’t be representative. We have different 0% future value projections for each aircraft type/value subseries, which is arguably how we might see the difference in the impact of inflation affecting different aircraft types in real terms.
Articles in this section
- Introducing Group Valuations Bulk Upload
- What is a Custom Specific Valuation
- How does Russia’s invasion of Ukraine affect the values of aircraft in Russia?
- Would a change in interest rates affect Ascend by Cirium’s Base Lease Rate forecast?
- Do historical values in the Ascend by Cirium database ever get retroactively changed?
- Do you provide Lease Rate opinions on business jet or business turboprop aircraft?
- Do you offer online valuations of Business Turboprop aircraft?
- What are the assumptions you consider in your engine valuations?
- Can online values be obtained for remanufactured aircraft and helicopters, including such types manufactured by Nextant Aerospace?
- When are Base Values updated?