Cirium ingests data from a number of sources which have developed from years of building trusted relationships. We use a variety of sources to track the world's fleet on a daily basis including:
- government aircraft registry updates
- airlines and airports
- banks and Lessors
- FAA document analysis (further to what is available via N-Reg)
- confirmation of new factory deliveries provided by the airframe OEM each month to us
- discussion and research with operators themselves (such as asking them for the Operational MTOW for each aircraft).
- financial report analysis
- ADSB radar transmission data analysis
- trusted press coverage - (including our editorial operation)
- social media and photographic evidence
Cirium’s data researchers and analysts check and validate information against multiples sources which are recorded, tracked and audited. Our full-time fleet research team based at our Heathrow data centre (and making use of the intelligence from our regional office representatives where necessary) are updating the master dataset Monday to Friday. At ~06:00 UTC each day the latest data updates from the previous day's research is uploaded to the website and made available to customers.
Article is closed for comments.