The Agent Trip Alerts API notifies the agent when something of interest occurs with a traveler trip. An example is the agent receives an alert that a traveler is likely to miss a connection. This allows the agent sufficient time to optionally intervene on behalf of the traveler for such things as booking an alternate flight, modifying ground transportation pick-up schedule, arranging late hotel check-in, etc.
Articles in this section
- How does the Connections API handle flights with separate marketing and operating carriers?
- How can I distinguish between a diverted flight and subsequent operation?
- Can you deliver alert data via email if the URL is of the form smtp?
- API Rate Limits
- What are the different Connections API payloadTypes?
- How do I hide duplicate flights in the FIDS API response?
- Issues when using the "includeNewFields" extended option
- How do I retrieve a full day's worth of flight status for an airport?
- What is the default time window for the FIDS API?
- Can I be informed when the certificate on your site expires?