The tail number is the aircraft registration number. Tail numbers are useful (among other things) for tracking private aircraft and non-scheduled charter flights. Typically these types of flights are not available in our system, which is optimized for regularly scheduled commercial passenger service. Commercial airlines may substitute a different operating aircraft equipment type for the scheduled equipment. FlightStats currently does not offer a tool to specifically track a flight by tail number. If the aircraft tail number is provided by one of our data providers regarding a scheduled commercial flight, our system does pass this information along to our customers.
Articles in this section
- Why is my old FlightStats.com user account no longer available?
- How to find a lost passenger at an airport?
- Do you have introductory videos for FlightStats.com paid features?
- How do I provide feedback on a map?
- Do you do custom data exports?
- Can you manually verify my email?
- The link in the verification email is not working. What do I do?
- Why am I not receiving the verification email?
- A feature on the site is not working correctly. Is there anything I can try?
- I have an idea or some feedback for your product. How do I get it to your product team?