Ground Events is the latest new product in the Cirium Ascend portfolio of aircraft analytics solutions. Ground Events provides aviation professionals with a first of its kind solution, enabling them to conveniently view and analyse when, where, and in many cases—why commercial aircraft spent time on the ground, for any period on the ground of 7 or more consecutive days.
Users of Fleets Analyzer, Values Analyzer or the Cirium Dashboard, who have a Ground Events subscription, can access it via the Other Products drop-down menu from the top menu bar.
With Ground Events, users select from a range of identified base maintenance events over a date range (e.g. Heavy Checks over the last 12 months), and further filter by Operator, MRO Provider, Event Location, Aircraft and Engine data, as required. The resulting data is displayed in a series of charts and downloadable tables, presenting the number of ground events grouped as required, a trend of key metrics, and a detailed table of all matching events.
The identified events tracked are:
- Heavy Check
- C Check + Retrofit
- Paint + Retrofit
Note: to search all C-Check events, select both 'C-Check' and 'C-Check + Retrofit'.
For each individual event we display a 'confidence level' based on five key criteria:
- Expected aircraft intervals (hours/cycles/duration)?
- Expected ground duration?
- Relationship between MRO Provider and Operator?
- MRO Provider has expected capability?
- Expected location capability?
The inaugural release of Ground Events introduces the Historical Tab which allows users to delve into past events, back to June 2018. Moving forward, we have the following planned enhancements scheduled for future updates:
- Adding a Methodology & Glossary PDF.
- Adding hundreds of thousands of unidentified events (events not linked to a base maintenance event).
- Adding a Projections tab, giving users the ability to predict future aircraft maintenance events.