For admin users within the customer organisation, your My Cirium account lets you manage Cirium Sky Warehouse user credentials.
As an admin user for your organisation My Cirium allows you to:
a) Request user credentials for users within your organisation.
b) View currently active and inactive user credentials within your organisation.
c) Deactivate unused user credentials within your organisation.
To find out how to sign up to My Cirium refer to the following Help Desk article:
Request new credentials
1) Once signed into My Cirium click on 'Account' in the top right hand corner and click 'Manage Account'.
2) On the 'Manage Account' screen, click on the 'Cirium Sky Credentials' tab on the left. You will see a table which shows you any credentials that you may have requested. If this is the first time you are visiting this page then the table of credentials will be empty.
The title of the page should read "Cirium Sky credentials for access to <subscription reference number>".
Note: This subscription reference number can be quoted when raising support tickets.
3) Then click 'Request Credentials' to request new credentials.
4) Enter a useful description to help you distinguish the credentials, if you have requested multiple.
5) On the 'Cirium Sky Credentials' tab, the new user creation request will show up with status 'Pending Creation' along with the time the credentials were requested. The 'Description' entered in the step above is also visible in the table.
6) The status of the request changes from 'Pending Creation' to 'Available' when the request is processed successfully.
7) Once the status changes to "Available" the "Created" column contains the timestamp of when the credentials were created.
1) Once the status changes to 'Available', the 'Retrieve Credential' option becomes available. Click the 'Retrieve Credential' link to retrieve the credential.
2) The 'Retrieve Credential' warning dialogue is shown which informs the admin user that the user credentials can only be retrieved once.
Note: The user credentials can be retrieved only once and as such please ensure that you have saved these securely.
3) The 'Retrieve Credential' dialogue is shown which contains the 'Identifier' or the user name for the requested credential and the corresponding 'Secret' or the password for the requested credential.
3) Please make a note of the 'Identifier' and 'Secret' as these can be retrieved only once.
4) Once the credentials are retrieved the status changes to 'Active' and the 'Retrieved' column contains the timestamp of when the credentials were retrieved.
5) Please share the retrieved user credentials with the relevant user within your organisation.
You might need to deactivate an active user credential, if:
- the user that was allocated those user credentials no longer needs to use those credentials.
- the user no longer works for the organisation / left the organisation.
- you did not make a note of the credentials when these were retrieved.
1) As an admin, you can deactivate any active credentials. Click the "Deactivate credential" link to deactivate an active credential.
2) A confirmation screen will be shown to confirm the deactivation. Click the 'Deactivate' button on the confirmation dialogue to deactivate the credential.
3) Once the credentials are deactivated the status changes to "Inactive" and the "Deactivated" column contains the timestamp of when the credentials were deactivated.
1) The note at the top of the page gives the admin user a summary of the user credential requests.
2) You can have up to 50 active or pending requests. It also shows how many are being used and how many more you could request.
3) It also tells you how many active and pending requests you have.
If you have any feedback or ideas about Cirium Sky Warehouse then we would love to hear from you via the Cirium Help Desk.